Eastern provides accessible and affordable educational opportunities for academic, technical, workforce training and life-long learning for the Potomac Highlands regional community.
To achieve this mission, Eastern West Virginia Community and Technical College:
- provides programs and courses of instruction, through the associate-degree level, that encompass occupational-technical education, transfer education, general education, literacy and developmental education, and continuing education;
- implements workforce development and customized training programs that advance individual career development while meeting employers' needs for a highly skilled workforce;
- serves as a vital link between secondary education and four-year colleges and universities; provides appropriate post-secondary courses to students in partner secondary schools;
- provides innovative student support services that promote holistic development and student success;
- provides a broad range of instructional technologies, methods, materials, facilities, and instructional support services that promote learning;
- maintains an educational environment that broadens perspectives, promotes global awareness, and leads to responsible citizenship;
- enriches local communities by making available resources in people, facilities, and programming;
- serves as a catalyst in helping to shape the direction of communities in the college's region of responsibility;
- enhances economic, cultural, and educational development through partnerships between the college and local communities; and ensures a healthy and safe environment at each of the college's instructional locations.
Eastern West Virginia Community and Technical College enriches the Potomac Highlands regional community through a range of innovative programs and services that exemplify community college values and achieve the community college mission. Classes only available on campus. Financial aid available to those who qualify.